Kailash Mansarovar I Spark Destinations
The KailashManasarovar is probably the most significant of all pilgrimages and is considered by
many as the highest point of their life's experience. Considered the spiritual center of the
Universe by five religions - Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Bon - sacred Mount
Kailash and ethereal Lake Manasarovar are the subjects of innumerable myths and legends. Adi
yogi Shiva, Buddha, the Jain Theerthankars, all have played a part in imparting a divine
mystique to this place. It lies at a longitude of 81 degrees east and latitude of 31 degrees
North, and rises 6714 meters above sea level. Mt.Kailash is also known by Tibetans as
KhangRimpoche.The Precious snow mountain.
Kailash Tour Itinerary Details (Drive in/ Drive out)
Day 01: Kathmandu (1300 m.) arrival:
Pick up from the airport/ Drive to hotel/ briefing/ Dinner
Day 02: Kathmandu:
Breakfast, trip to temples and back to Hotel for lunch. After lunch, final preparation for yatrai.e,
checking and demonstration of equipments which will be used during yatra. If any body needs
to buy or get things on hire, our staff will give you company. Dinner.
Day 03: Drive to Nylam (150km), 3750m:
Morning after breakfast leave Kathmandu to commence yatra to Nyalam [3750M]. We reach
Friendship Bridge [Nepal - China Boarder] by mini-coach. Walk along for 10 minutes to cross
the bridge and there get acquainted with Chinese guide and land cruiser drivers. They will give a
brief information regarding the further trip then proceed the journey to Zangmu, where all the
immigration and custom formalities are ought to be accomplished. After the accomplishment of
all formalities, we proceed to Nyalam. Arrival at Nyalam and overnight stay at guesthouse.
Day 04: Rest Day at Nylam, 3750m:
It is more a day for acclimatization.
Day 05: Saga/4450m: (Labug-La 5150m, Peku-tso and Saga, 232km)
On the first long driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet, other things like lake,
nomads chasing thousands of yaks and sheep keep you busy. By the late afternoon you will
cross BhramhaPurtra River way to typical Chinese and Tibetan town, Saga for night.
Day 06: Manasarover (4558m) 500 km:
The longest driving day starts with full of excitement, Jeeps and trucks roll on the wide valley
following rivers and grazing land of yaks and sheep. Far south you can see snow covered peaks
near by you, lots of rocky peaks and sand duns give you an ideal world. Depends on season,
nomads and other mobile shopkeepers are attired by beautiful traditional costume, waiting for
your arrival with hot tea and other supplies along with big smile.By the late afternoon you can
have the first sight of Holy Kailash Parbat and Manasarovara. Hore, it is a small village nearby
Lake Manasarover. Holy-Manasarovara: At 14950 ft/ 4558m. The highest lake of fresh water
with turquoise complexion in the world is full of fishes and swans. Holy Kailash Parbat, Mt.
Gurula-Mandata, Lake Rashekshi are laying on its surrounding. The region is considered rich for
gold and other mines, hot springs and hundreds of wild living creatures. Night halt beside
Day 07: Puja and drive to Tarchen (14975ft) 40km:
Manasarovara is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable
morning Bath and Puja we will be heading towards Tarchen. It is considered as a base camp for
the Holy KailashParikrama.
Day 08: Trek to DeharaPuk/5000m:
It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs water falls with some
clouds in the clear blue sky make you feeling that Great God Shiva is every where with tons of
blessing to you.
Time to time the face of Kailash Parbat will be keep on appearing. For 15 km trail it takes almost
Day 09: Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra with Dolma-La (pass) of 18600ft
between two valleys:
Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass.
Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget
yourself. Once your steps go down, Parvati-stal and GauriKunda are on the way. By the late
afternoon you will arriveZuthalPuk (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa is
supposed to have performed miracles here).
Day 10: End of KailashParikrama and drive to Paryang/ Dongpa:
After walking 3 hours, all the driving crew will be waiting your arrival. By the late evening you
will be at your lodge/camp.
Day 11: Drive Paryang / Dongpa to Naylam 8-9 hrs
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu (150 km) 9-10 hr.
Day 13: Transfer to airport for your onward flight.
- 3 night's accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin share basis.
- 10 nights accommodation in Tibet using guesthouse /camp.
- Tibet Visa & Permit Fee [Normal].
- Yaks & Yak Men for luggage during KailashParikrama
- Ground transfers in Tibet using Toyota Land Cruisers or bus as applicable.
- Services of English speaking guide in Tibet.
- Services of our trekking equipment and Sherpa staff.
- All Trekking & camping equipment including Gyamo Bags, Sleeping bags and oxygen and cylinders cost does not includes
- Using extra nights in lodge (except the mentioned on itinerary).
- Yak/porter for personal using
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra cost because of partition from the main group or serious health condition.
- Flight or any costs TO or FROM Kathmandu from your destination/ home town.
- No cost is including for those who separate from the main group
- Booking condition: All the personal details must be sent 2 months in advance with 25% (out of total trip amount) non-refundable
- Group size: 25+ people in each group
- Booking condition: All the personal details must be sent 2 months in advance with 25% (out of total trip amount) non-refundable advance payment.
- Recommended clothing and equipment list for the trip:
- Sleeping bags (down with inside extra cover), jacket (down) / polar fleece, with rain and water, proofed, thermal underwear, wind / rain-proof trousers, woollen and sun hats, scarves (muffler), woollen or cotton socks, gloves, trekking boots, sun/snow glassed, towel, t-shirt/s,
- sunscreen/sun lotion, flash light with extra bulbs and batteries, sandals, water bottles, day pack (for your day time necessities), kit or duffel bag (to keep your personal belongings) first aidbox/personal medicine walking stick.
- Please do not carry unnecessary items and / or valuables.
- Be sure you have the needy items ! Warm clothes, water bottle, water purification tabs, sun tan lotion utility knife, dusk musk,medicine for headaches, fever, colds, stomach disorders and diamox (unless you are allergic to sulpha drugs) for altitude sickness, It is also good to carry dry fruit, juice powder, breads, candy,canned or packed food, nuts, pickles and biscuits.
Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificate those with a history of
medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to
undertake the trip. It is rigorous and challenging trip where all the time spent at high altitudes.
At least 2 months regular practice is recommend either 2 hours daily running, swimming, or
joining on a health club may help to complete the yatra very successfully.
To apply the visa approval before your arrival we need:
a) A clear, colour scans of your passport along with advance amount of US $ 500. This must
be provided to us at least 35 days prior to the arrival in Kathmandu.
Health & Altitude problems:
Travelling in Tibet involves high altitude and can be strenuous. Clients with heart and lung
problems or blood diseases should consult their doctor before booking the trip. Very often the
cases of altitude sickness have been reported. Simple headache, fever, loss of appetite or
stomach disorders can happen before the acclimatization. Advised, drink approx. 04 litters of
water per day, do not strain yourself, move slowly, breathe deeply and take regular rests.
3 and 4*
Spark Destinations - Complete Travel House